ASUS has quite a few exciting Android tablets in store for 2012, but anyone who’s interested in the technology’s potential for home entertainment will love the new Transformer Pad Infinity.
The Infinity is an Android ICS tablet designed specifically with multimedia in mind. Powered by a quad-core NVIDIA Tegra 3 processor and equipped with 1GB RAM, the Infinity runs even the most demanding Android apps and games with silky smoothness, but there’s so much more to it than raw performance.
Multimedia performance is where the Infinity’s real strength lies, thanks to its 10.1” display with astonishing 1920 x 1280 resolution. Super IPS+ technology delivers an ultra-wide 178° viewing angle with an image that’s bright enough to see even in broad daylight, but it’s the ability to play Full HD video with no loss of detail through down-scaling that makes the Infinity the must-have tablet for mobile entertainment. ASUS has even equipped the Infinity with the same SonicMaster audio technology as its sweet-sounding laptops!
The Infinity is undeniably powerful, but it’s also incredibly stylish, thanks to the slim 8.5mm profile and the trademark ASUS spun metal finish case. It weighs a mere 585g too, despite packing a host of cutting-edge mobile technology like a best-in-class 8-megapixel rear camera with autofocus and LED flash, 2-megapixel front camera, microSD card slot and a beautiful screen that’s kept safe beneath a sheet of exceptionally strong Corning Gorilla Glass 2.
Despite the sheer performance it has on tap, the Infinity is also remarkably frugal with a battery life of up to 10 hours. This is still a Transformer tablet though, and when connected to the mobile keyboard dock, mains-free use shoots up to an amazing 16 hours — that’s enough time to watch over six movies back-to-back. Oh, or to get some serious work done, we suppose…
ASUS has yet to announce a price for the Transformer Pad Infinity, but it’s expected to launch around April time — watch this space for more information as it appears.
Please visit http://youtube.com/techinstyle for the latest videos about ASUS MWC products hands on preview.
Transformer Pad Infinity
- Operating System: Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
- Display: 10.1” (1920 x 1280) Super IPS+ capacitive multi-touch with Corning Gorilla Glass 2
- CPU: NVIDIA® Tegra® 3 T33 quad-core (1.6GHz)
- Memory: 1GB DDR3 RAM
- Storage: 16/32/74GB SSD + microSD card slot + 8GB free ASUS WebStorage
- Wireless connectivity: 802.11b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0
- Tablet ports: 3.5mm audio jack, microHDMI 1.4a, microSD card
- Cameras: 8-megapixel rear with autofocus, LED flash and HD (1080p) video recording; 2-megapixel front
- Sensors: Accelerometer, ambient light, gyroscope, e-compass
- Battery: 25Wh (up to 10 hours)
- Dimensions: 263 x 180.8 x 8.5mm
- Weight: 585g
- Qwerty keyboard, trackpad, USB 2.0 port, SD card slot
- Battery: 22Wh (up to 6 hours)
- Dimensions: 263 x 180.8 x 10.4mm
- Weight: 537g
For a chance to win an ASUS EeePC, simply post a comment on this article to tell us the screen resolution of the Transformer Pad Infinity.
Make sure you’ve registered with Tech in Style using a valid email address, because that’s how we’ll contact you when we select a competition winner.